So, you’ve decided to renovate your kitchen? Great choice! There are few rooms in the house that are more rewarding to remodel than the kitchen. This space is generally regarded as the heart of the home, and it’s no secret that a gorgeous kitchen can literally transform the look and feel of your whole house!
At Combit Construction, building company North London, we love helping our clients achieve kitchens that are as functional as they are beautiful. That’s why we’ve taken the time to create this step-by-step guide to help you achieve the kitchen of your dreams.
A quick search on the internet will reveal a plethora of dazzling kitchen ideas and designs, but don’t make the mistake of rushing into the project without a clear vision of what you want to achieve.
Before you start removing cabinetry or choosing new appliances, you must take time to
1. Think, Analyse, Discuss
Now’s the time to sit back and really evaluate how you use your kitchen and what you want to achieve from your remodel. Ask yourself these questions about your current kitchen:
- Who uses the space?
- What do you love about it?
- What are the things about it that drive you crazy?
- Do you need more storage space?
- Is there enough bench space?
- Do you feel cut off from the rest of the family when you’re working in the kitchen? i.e., is it too separate from the living space? Can you combine the living and kitchen areas as part of the remodel?
Discuss the pros and cons of your current kitchen and the renovation with the rest of the household and get their ideas about ways to achieve maximum functionality.