How Much Will My House Extension Cost in London?
Frequently Asked Questions
How much value will a home extension add to my home?
Unfortunately, there’s no one-size-fits-all answer to this question: the size and style you choose will ultimately determine how much value your extension adds to your home. Adding on a generous master bedroom with an ensuite is a sure-fire way to up the value of your property, as is an additional bathroom or open plan living space.
How long does it take to build a home extension?
Depending on the size and complexity of your project, Combit Constructions, specialist builders in North London, generally allow between 3 – 4 months for project completion.
What are the benefits of extending my home?
For most homeowners, the benefits of a home extension include:
- Extra space
- Improved functionality
- Increased home value
- Avoid moving costs (agents fees, stamp duty, legal fees etc.)
- Less stress than moving house
What size extension can I build without planning permission?
You can build a single-storey extension of up to 6 meters without planning permission, or 8 meters if your home is detached. Talk to the team at Combit Constructions about your proposed extension, and any necessary permits you may require.
Do I require planning permission for an extension to my home?
You may need planning permission if you:
- Are planning an extension of more than 6 meters (or 8 meters for a detached home)
- Are planning a double-storey extension
- Live in a listed property
- Have already altered the home considerably
- Live in a conservation area